Internist, nephrologist, diabetes specialist
Areas of expertise
- Kidney disease
- Kidney failure
- Hypertension - high blood pressure
- Diabetes mellitus
- Diabetic kidney disease
- Kidney transplant
- Peritoneal dialysis
Medical activities - training
- Head of the 6th Medical Department of Nephrology and Dialysis at the Ottakring Clinic (formerly Wilhelminenspital)
- Senior physician at the University Clinic for Internal Medicine III, Clinical Department for Nephrology, General Hospital / Medical University of Vienna
- Specialist in internal medicine
- Specialist in nephrology
- Specialist in intensive care medicine
- Habilitation in internal medicine
- Post-doctoral training and dissertation at the Institute for Immunology, University of Vienna
Teaching and training activities
Since 2017 professor of nephrology at the Sigmund Freud University in Vienna (SFU, med.sfu.ac.at).
At the Medical University, supervision of a large number of doctoral and diploma students, as well as providing a number of lectures (internal medicine, PhD programs, etc.).
Regular lectures nationally and internationally on diverse topics related to nephrology, including diabetic kidney disease, kidney transplantation, etc.
Together with colleagues, 2007 establishment of the Austrian advanced training platform R.E.N. on the entire spectrum of kidney diseases.
Gemeinsam mit Kollegen 2007 Etablierung der österreichische Fortbildungsplattform R.E.N. zum gesamten Spektrum der Nierenkrankheiten.
- 2010 - Board member of the Austrian Society for Nephrology
- 2008 - Austrian Diabetes Society
- 2006 - Austrian Society for Internal Medicine
- 2003 - European Society of Organ Transplantation
- 2003 - International Society of Organ Transplantation
- 2002 - German Society for Nephrology
- 1999 - Austrian Society for Transfusion, Genetics and Transplantation
- 1998-2004 - American Society of Immunology
- 1995 - Austrian Society for Allergology and Immunologist, ÖGAI (Secretary 2007-2010)